July 16, 2007

Sakura-Ya [Gardena]

I've said it before (1), but I'll say it again: Sakura-Ya is a must visit anytime you happen to be within the vicinity of the South Bay.

It was a Sunday, just like the previous Sunday, and we wanted to go before having lunch at Spoon House, just like our previous lunch at Spoon House. And so that history could repeat itself full circle, we bought out their supply of Kiku Manju. The Kiku Manju have a fluffy baked exterior, but are filled with a layer of white mochi and another of red bean inside. Of all the times I've visited, it seems as though Sunday is the only the day they tend to carry these. But then again, maybe I just dont come early enough on weekdays.


After confirming that I have indeed tried every single mochi dessert in the store, I opted for a green mochi, which has a grassy green tea quality to it. Yoshi had to go and show me up once again by getting an entire box full of goodies.

Sakura-Ya
16134 S Western Ave
Gardena, CA 90247
(310) 323-7117

No comments: