July 10, 2007

Joe's Italian Ice [Garden Grove]

A lone-standing building along the side of a busy street displays a dizzying menu of various frozen treats. Their specialty is the Italian ice which is made with real fruit, but they also sell ice cream, floats, shakes, smoothies, and sundaes.



You actually do not enter the stand but make your purchases outside at a window. There are stools outside with a small awning that offers solace from the sun. Occasionally, an employee will come out to offer you a sample.



After spending a good 5 to 10 minutes looking at the menu, we settled on a small Mango Tango and Lemon Italian ice. Both flavors were delicious but the lemon was sweeter than I thought. I'm used to lemon treats that make me pucker. The texture was like that of refined shaved ice and I was delighted to find that the ice didn't melt as fast as I thought it would.



Joe's Italian Ice and Ice Cream
12302 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
(714) 772-0414

No comments: