June 19, 2007

Micasa Bakery [Buena Park]

Though I've had the misfortune of never stepping into Micasa Bakery for myself, I have had the luck of tasting its dainty confections from the comforts of my home. Most recently, this meant a heart-shaped, raspberry mousse number in honor of my birthday.


While the cake was pretty to look at, its layers of raspberry mousse, sponge cake, chocolate mousse, more sponge cake, and raspberry gelee sang a symphony in my mouth. The mousses held up well against the springy sponge cake, which would have otherwise been too dry on its own. The tart raspberry and sweet chocolate were a lesson in yin and yang. Every cake should be so light and harmonious.

The cake box reminds me of the type of gift I should be bringing over the in-laws on Easter Sunday while wearing my best Kentucky Derby dress and hat. I love the antiquity in the details and the ingenuity of the construction, which allows you to remove the box's lid and sides for easy serving.

Giftable, delicious and ready-to-eat? Micasa, you've stolen my heart.

Micasa Bakery
6102 Orangethorpe Ave
Buena Park, CA 90620
(714) 523-8899

No comments: