December 14, 2008

Father's Office

First, I apologize for the lack of pictures. I had forgotten my camera that night but I just had to relay my experience at Father's Office.

F.O. II is so, so, so much bigger than F.O. I (located in Santa Monica) and there was a parking lot! I remember when I went to F.O. I, I had to park in a little neighborhood and walk about a block to the restaurant during a chilly winter month.

It's a very laid-back atmosphere here with a linear row of tables and benches for outdoor seating. I couldn't help but notice a complementing line of heat lamps embedded into the wooden patio covering.

I got in around 10pm on a Thursday night. No lines, no wait -- not even for a table! There was plenty of seating inside and outside but it wasn't dead empty either. The feel is very contemporary and sleek with a lot of wood paneling going on. I'm not much of a beer drinker so I solicited the advice of the bartender who directed me to a very delicious Great White. As for my meal, I got the Office Burger ($12) with a side of sweet potato frites ($7).

My medium rare Office Burger was packed with meat, arugula and gooey Gruyere cheese. The arugula was notably fresh as the leaves were quite firm. I couldn't help but notice that something was a little off with the meat; it had a very apparent raw taste, which I've never experienced in all my years of ordering my meats medium rare.

The sweet potato frites are as amazing as everyone makes them out to be. I was really surprised that they weren't drenched in oil as most fries are. And they're served in a cute mini fryer -- though, I must admit that the shopping cart is cuter.

Father's Office

3229 Helms Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310) 736-2224
www.fathersoffice.com

2 comments:

Right Way to Eat said...

Oh Jun! You forgot your camera. I didn't hahaha.

I missed the shopping cart that carried the fries. They are much better.

Anonymous said...

The same, infinitely